Friday, October 7, 2011

MediaWorks week 2

The tail end of week 2 is putting together my director's portfolio, which includes an essay about my experience. I think I need more coffee before I start down the essay road...maybe I'll just sketch out some ideas...then include my sketch out as well...

Just like last year the first few weeks of meeting new people, gestating new ideas and terminology, as well as figuring out which room this period's class is in...so taking ti one day at a time...and trying to not do everything film in my head and get outside...

Some of my favorite conversation....
"do you have the handout, were we supposed to download it, I can't find it on moodle, can I borrow yours?..." seems to be the collective whisperings during the last practicum meeting on Thursdays...

We've already shot one 'long take' on a Rebel T1 in video mode with manual settings.  I realized after viewing the other groups that although MH's and our piece didn't suck...it was a bit conservative...but then again simplicity can be a beautiful thing...our groups ability to critique in a non threatening way is extremely helpful...thanks everyone! So a big thanks goes out to MH!!!! woot woman you rock, Thanks so much I had a blast making the film with you!!!!  Now I need to let loose a bit more...seriously lol...

So this weekend I have the Bolex 16mm proficiency to read, umpteenjillion pages in the Filmmaker's Handbook, 3 articles, watch at least one movie in the genre we are reading about, finish my director's portfolio (essay), read chapter 3 of the Film Experience on Mise-en-scene, and if I have time finish reading vol 1 of Sergei Eisenstein's essays...oh yeah while all that is happening jot down notes on the main characters of early Film...

oh yes, today is work, tomorrow clients and Sunday it will be raining so it's PERFECT for reading!

Ok campers, gotta go! In the meantime, keep your moving image device OUT OF THE RAIN and watch that tracking on the z axis...it can be tricky!

Peace out,

No comments:

Post a Comment