Wednesday, December 15, 2010

winter booklist

Oh I have the bug I do I do I do... ordered half of the books I need for class, some I have already and others I will get at school. And there are art supplies, some of which are coming tomorrow.


Looking forward to getting back to working the grey matter and expanding my horizons.


Here's the list of new titles:
·      Where the Waters Begin by Cecelia Svinth Carpenter (I was able to pick this up last quarter and am half way through; love the myth and symbology of the first peoples)
·      Wisdom Sits in Places by Keith Basso
·      Messages from Frank’s Landing by Charles Wilkinson
·      Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
·      Ecological Literacy: Educating our Children for a Sustainable World by Michael K. Stone and Zenobia Barlow
·      Ten-Minute Field Trips: A Teacher's Guide to Using the School Grounds for Environmental Studies by Helen Ross Russell (Still need to get this at TESC bookstore)

Reference books that I've added:
·      National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, Fifth Edition by Jon L. Dunn and Jonathan Alderfer

More updates to follow...in the meantime campers...Keep an extra pair of socks handy and in a dry place!


No comments:

Post a Comment